In honor of its 40th anniversary in 2012, Jordan Vineyard & Winery has created the 4 on 4 Art Competition, a four-city initiative that challenges local artists to create a commemorative work of art that blends the elegance of Jordan wines with the flavor of each city.
Dallas Call for Artists: 4 on 4: Artists in four cities celebrating four decades of Jordan wine in their community. The four cities include: Miami, New York, Los Angeles & Dallas.
- Deadline for Dallas submissions: Thursday, April 12, 2012
- 40 artists will be called upon to enter. Top 25 artists will be chosen for the show. Rising Gallery will coordinate all artists participating in the show.
- All artists will be based in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex.
Grand Award/Purchase: ($5,000) and the opportunity to be featured in two art exhibitions, as well as inclusion in post event publicity campaigns and Jordan 40th anniversary commemorative gifts. The winning work will be professionally printed as a limited-edition run for Jordan’s Texas customers. Winning original artwork becomes the property of Jordan Winery for display at the chateau and/or donation to a charity auction to be determined.
First Runner-up: ($2,000) and the opportunity to be featured in two art exhibitions and post-event publicity.
Second Runner-up: ($1,000) and the opportunity to be featured in two art exhibitions and post-event publicity.
**A panel of expert judges will select the top three works of art that meet the competition criteria. Judges will be announced in February.
A top 25 will be selected to participate in a public exhibition at Rising Gallery on April 24, 2012, from 5 to 8 p.m. At the public exhibition event, the judges will select their top three artworks, and winners of the grand, first runner-up and second runner-up awards will be announced. The top 3 works will also be shown at a private event on April 25, 2012.
Artists and Jordan Vineyard & Winery: Since 1976, the Jordan family has been heralded for its elegant wines, culinary excellence and gracious hospitality. Over the years, the Jordan’s have commissioned artists to capture the beauty of the winery chateau through the seasons – its ivy-draped façade, window boxes sprouting spring flowers, the antique clock above a sweeping balcony. To celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2012, Jordan Vineyard & Winery is bringing wine country to Dallas, Texas. Local artists will be challenged to create a commemorative work of art that combines the essence of Jordan wine with Dallas’s distinct culture, design and culinary experiences.
- Applicants must incorporate an element of Jordan Winery in their artwork. See ELEMENT DOWNLOADS section below.
- Artists must incorporate an element of the Dallas area in their artwork, such as architecture, landscape or food culture.
- Original artwork must be in a format that is reproducible in lithograph, such as paintings or drawings. 3D/sculpture works unfortunately will NOT be accepted due to nature of project.
- Winning artist agrees to sign up to 200 limited-edition lithographs of their artwork in Dallas at a mutually agreed upon date in summer or fall 2012.
- Jordan Winery has the first rights to purchase the original first runner-up and second runner-up winning artwork.
- Lithographs of the winning artwork become the property of Jordan Winery for use as necessary.
- Minimum size of final entry: 18 x 24 inches
- Please include a brief statement about your artwork, materials used and how it fits within the theme of the competition. Also include your full name and title of work, as well as contact phone number.
- Images (both web ready and high resolution) of work must be received by Rising Gallery by email (email@example.com) no later than Thursday, April 12, 2012, at 5:00 p.m. CST for use on press materials and D Magazine’s online media coverage.
- The top 25 artworks will need to arrive at Rising Gallery no later than Thursday, April 12, 2012, at 5:00 p.m. CST. Artwork delivery is the responsibility of the artist. All work must be ready to hang and exhibition ready.
- A “Viewer’s Choice” will be made available thru D Magazine online.
- For additional publicity, entrants may also upload a copy of their submission to the 4on4 Art Competition Flickr page. For Flickr upload instructions, click here.
For more information on 4 on 4 Dallas, please visit our press release.
Artists must incorporate an artistic element from Jordan wine into their original artwork. Recreation of the Jordan name should be as close as possible to the original, while artistic concepts inspired by the Jordan chateau and Jordan wine label are welcomed. Element options include:
Inspiration from past artists at Jordan
Jordan Vineyard & Winery 4 on 4 Art Competition
Hosted by Rising Gallery www.risinggallery.com
Deadline: Thursday, April 12, 2012 — All materials due no later than 5 p.m. CST
For more information about Jordan Vineyard & Winery, please visit www.jordanwinery.com.
For more information about the entire 4 on 4 Art Competition, please visit our national news page.
For questions about Jordan Winery’s Dallas 4on4 Art Competition, please call Bryan or Taber Wetz (214.559.4158) or Frankie Garcia (469.774.8936). You can also email Bryan Wetz, Taber Wetz or Frankie Garcia.