As part of our 40th anniversary storytelling series, Mrs. Jordan tell the story of the family’s first Thanksgiving dinner party in the Jordan chateau dining room back in 1979. It was a day filled with community and chaos–definitely a Thanksgiving to remember–and we thought it would be fun to share a slice of our history few people know about. Mrs. Jordan’s cranberry sauce recipe is also included below.
We hope you have a safe, happy and drama-free Thanksgiving dinner.
Recipe: Mrs. Jordan’s Simple Cranberry Sauce
Summary: This simple cranberry sauce recipe can be made two days in advance though one day is recommended.
- 1 12-oz bag fresh cranberries (about 3 cups)
- 1 12-oz can of frozen orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Rinse cranberries with water.
- In a blender, combine the cranberries, orange juice and sugar. Blend at medium speed or pulse until mushy.
- Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to serving bowl and refrigerate.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4