September is California Wine Month–a celebration for wineries and wine lovers that coincides with the excitement of grape harvest season. But you don’t have to visit Napa or Sonoma this month to join the fun. Enter Jordan Winery’s Show Us Your Corks Photo Contest for a chance to win gourmet products and accessories.
Now through September 30, simply take a photo with your camera or smartphone. The only rule is that the photo must have at least one Jordan wine cork. The photo can include corks from other wines, as long as other brand names or trademarks are not visible/recognizable (see Official Rules). Do what you already enjoy doing—uncork a bottle of wine with those you love and have fun—just don’t forget to take a nice photo after you pull that cork.
Photo Contest Entry
To enter the Show Us Your Corks photo contest, follow these steps:
- Take an artistic photo of wine corks with your camera. Use smartphone photography tips to ensure a better photo.
- Upload your photo to the Jordan Facebook page or post it to your Instagram and tag @jordanwinery.
- Include hashtags #showusyourcorks #CaliforniaWineMonth
- Submit your entry by September 30, 2017
There is no limit to the number of wine corks that can be pictured in the photo. Photos may not include identifiable people/faces for privacy and permissions reasons.
No purchase of Jordan wine is required to enter. Up to 12 Jordan wine corks may be requested as art supplies at no cost to entrants by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please include your full name, shipping address and phone number when requesting corks.).
The deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. PST on September 30, 2017.
Photo Contest Prizes
The three highest-scoring photos will receive the following prizes:
- First place: One (1) Jordan branded Riedel art nouveau wine decanter ($175) – view this decanter on Jordan’s website
- Second place: One (1) Jordan branded Laguiole waiter’s corkscrew ($159) – see non-branded example on Amazon
- Third place: One (1) one-ounce jar of Jordan Chef’s Reserve Caviar by Tsar Nicoulai ($135) – view the caviar on Jordan’s website
Judging takes place October 1-2, 2017. Winners will be announced the first week of October on this blog, our Facebook page and Instagram page. Submissions will be prepared and will be judged on a 100-point scale as follows:
- Creativity (50 points)
- Composition (25 points)
- Artistic (25 points)
Jordan Winery’s Show Us Your Corks Photo Contest is open to natural persons 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and who are residing in the United States, excluding Puerto Rico and its territories, and any state where the Contest is prohibited by law. Alcohol beverage industry members, including retailers, restaurateurs, and their families, employees or investors cannot participate in accordance with industry law. Please review our official contest rules before entering, which includes specifics about voting criteria, prohibited items and more.
Please help us spread the word by sharing this post. Looking forward to seeing all your photographs!